Monday, June 1, 2009

I can't complain!

So, lately things have really been working out well for me. I have become really career focused as of late- and I feel as if my hard work is FINALLY starting to make itself known, and that I am starting to make a name for myself theatrically. Into The Woods is going wonderfully, and we started tech today. The set is breathtakingly gorgeous, especially on the midnight scenes, as we have a fiber-optic star cyc, and an amazing lighting designer, and of course Steve's set design is amazing as well. Everyone is doing so well and just everything about the show is so professional and awesome. It feels so cool to perform on the Bill Heard stage- the same one that Broadway tours perform on- and the view of the audience from the stage is reminiscent of the "Think of Me" scene in Phantom of the Opera, when you can see Christine's perspective- it's just really really really cool. =]

We open Friday (AHH!) But I'm really excited about it. And what makes it even better is that after a few weeks, I get to start on another show! Rocky Horror at Chatshakes. Of course, in the meantime I will also be taking a Biology with a lab, as well as trying to find a job. But I have to say that so far, I am enjoying the life of theatre without classes, haha. Makes me eager to graduate! Although I enjoy college thoroughly, and am grateful for the growth that I have and will continue to make throughout my studies.

Another good thing about my life right now is our super awesome new apartment! I will post some pictures up once I actually clean/decorate my room, haha. But everything about it is perfect. The only complaint I could possibly have is the fact that I have to drive everyday now, but it's not like the majority of everyone else in this town doesn't have to, so whatever haha.

And more good news of my life; what started out to actually be pretty sad news (I dropped my ipod into a cup of water) turned into something grand! (My mom is letting me get an ipod touch, since I got a pretty great scholarship =] )

Oh yeah, and I have a free membership to Gold's Gym right now because of Chatshakes! (Thank you Troy!)

And did I mention I have a cat now? Well, he is Robin's cat from home, but it is so great to have a warm snuggly animal at my disposal! =]

CougarOne gave me $37 randomly! Wee!

So life is pretty great. Theatre makes me feel alive. I have a shiny new electronic toy in the mail, state of the art workout equipment at my disposal, free money for having good grades, my own homey place to live, and a cat. Wee!

1 comment:

Jono said...

Performing on the Hertz Stage...it can't get more exhilarating than that! Everything sounds like it's going well for you! I'm so excited about Into the Woods and Rocky Horror. You certainly deserve it, Janine. Break legs this weekend. =)