Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1 Vest, 4 ways!

I know, I know, I just did something like this. But I really am liking making different outfits based off of one clothing item! Hopefully these can inspire you to create your own outfits. =]


This next set is based off of a vest from Forever 21. It is a basic black vest which is very much in-style at the moment. The best thing about the vest is that is is extremely versatile. With a little bit of creativity, you can see that it can fit a variety of personal styles. The first style with the blue dress is if you like a vintage look. The dress is actually vintage, and the lace stockings give it that old-fashioned yet modern edge. The next style is preppy with the button up striped shirt and the denim mini. The yellow accents keep it from being boring, however! The next outfit is a little bit funky and cool. The zebra scarf and cherry earrings give it a bit of spunk, I think. =] Finally, the red dress and flirty shoes are girly and romantic whereas the vest keeps it young and fresh.

I have found that I really enjoy making these types of sets and I am eager to help so If anyone has an item in their closet that they are not sure how to wear it, or if there is a certain trend you would like to try but you just can't figure out how to style it in an outfit, send me an e-mail at j9isyourstar@yahoo.com and send me a picture/describe the item/find it online and I will create 4 outfits for you. Finally, put those bright yellow pumps or purple skinny jeans to good use! =]

1 comment:

Shopaholic D said...

great outfits! vests can be very difficult to wear, but they are fun to play with, as far as trying to create chic outfits with them.

i was playing with my j crew vest last night...paired it with skinny black jeans, a loose gray tank top and some super-tall heels. this post reminds me that i need to take a photo of the outfit and post it soon.

:) D