Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mean Girls 2- a recap.

Out of morbid curiosity and in the midst of doing other things, I'm watching Mean Girls 2 on abc family. Here's my running commentary/thoughts as it plays.

  • Why is the girl who is playing the lead so mousy looking? I mean, They plain jane-d LiLo up for the original in the beginning, but I mean she is(was) still a pretty girl. But this girl?! Awkward.
  • Why is the head "mean girl" dressed like a Limited Too mannequin circa early 2000s?
  • Tim Meadows must be struggling for work.
  • "Food Area"?!?!
  • I'm pretty sure last time I checked, chihuahua's weren't allowed to roam around school lunchrooms. 
  • Since when is "Don't ever look at me again...better yet, don't breathe the same air" an acceptable insult!?
  • I don't like the timbre of this lead LiLo character's voice.
  • This scene with the faux LiLo character and her dad is AWKWARD CITY..
  • FRENCH REVOLUTION THEMED HALLOWEEN PARTY. WHAT?!
  • Why does this Mandy girl dress like she's perpetually 12?!
  • I feel like people are unnecessarily mean to this grungy awkward Abby girl.
  • um..... is this girl being paid to be sad Abby's friend? Awkward plot point. THIS MAN IS WILLING TO PAY FOR THIS GIRL'S COLLEGE EDUCATION so his daughter has a friend. Bizarre.
  • Kitti-let.
  • Their social networking platform is strange.
  • Of course, Mandy is dressed like a 10 year old on Easter Sunday.
  • "I'm a benevolent dictator."
  • So...many...ugly..blue..plaid..shirts...
  • This "lead" girl (I forgot her name because her character is really boring) looks like she hasn't washed her hair in about a week.
  •  Oh wait. I think her name is "Jo"?
  • The way this girl is hobbling around is awkward.
  • Um.... this crazy white bearded man named Mr. Winkle?!?! WHAT.
  • Mandy...is wearing...2 colors of polka dots
  • Um...why is there a huge plasma video screen replaying this "Jo" character falling down on her bike? Is this necessary? Plausible? No.
  • Again with the plaid! Ay!
  • I gotta admit this guy's pretty cute.
  • This chick's hair is really ugly. I can't get over it!
  • Why is this 90s esque pop song playing during this awkward kissing scene between perpetually 10 year old Mandy and her boy toy? In her pepto bismo room!?
  • A photo montage....really? You couldn't have just shown their date like normal?!
  • Everytime I see the principal I feel sorry for him.
  • Again with the schoolwide video screen showing all of Jo's life?! This is not normal! Public school systems don't care about your personal lives!
  • Okay. I'm all for obnoxious flower headbands. But this girl is NOT pulling off this horrible blue flower headband. Can somebody PLEASE fire the wardrobe head for this movie!?
  • Who sends "Hottest Couple" text messages to everyone in the school?! 
  • ......these camo outfits....too. much.
  • Literally the only thing this girl's dad does is hang out in the garage. 
  • Thanks, cute boy for pointing out the painfully obvious!!
    (Okay. So if you haven't guessed by now...this movie..is...awful.)
  • These colored hair extensions are absolutely horrid. Somebody please fire the hairstylist.
  • Who just carries ipecac on themselves?!
  • What is this kid doing with the houseplant?
  • Okay. So. Since when do horrible blended synthetic neon hair extensions make you instantly invincible?!
  • This blonde girl is unnaturally slutty.
  •  Why does the 'Jo" girl think that all of a sudden she can pull off denim hot topic dresses like she's fashionable or something?!
  • Um...THE BLONDE GIRL LOOKS LIKE A CHIQUITA BANANA.
  • I wish I got paid $50,000 to be a girls friend! And then some spare cash for books! (Unreasonable circumstancessss)
  • I see leggings as pants...unnacceptable
  • Mandy's boyfriend's hair looks like plastic Ken-doll hair.
  • um.....a powderpuff football challenge?!
  • General note: the writing for this movie leaves much to be desired.
  • When did Jo have time to come up with creating Abby's portfolio FOR her?!
  • Again with the photoshoot montage!
  • The word awkward continually pops up in my brain.
  • "Football is a religion, and you are now in church." WHAT.
  • I'm still trying to grasp how this powderpuff football game is the crux of the story.
  • Look at them GA pine trees! Obviously this was not filmed in L.A.!
  • I enjoy how EVERY single audience member at the football crowd received this HD video on their smartphone. 
  • this slow-mo scene. so. ridiculous.
  • this homecoming crowning ceremony is very anti-climactic.
  • flower accessories are grossly over-used in this movie. Coming from me....that's saying alot.
  • ....swine flu is not valid anymore
  • Jo is an incognito inventor and raised her money for college by selling birdhouse/spycams? Deus ex machina!!
Okay. So. I watched the entirety of this movie. I'll never get these 2 hours back. Sad thought. It was truly awful but I felt like I had to watch it for some reason. Mean girls is just not something that needs a sequel! Seriously!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The person that plays mr winkle is Dan Coleman, my biology teacher... NOO LIE google newnan high school then find tha main website, go to staff and he's there

Janine DeMichele said...

Um....I feel like he was the best part of this movie. And I love that! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Actually I kind of enjoyed the movie. The Mandy chick is really pretty, her clothes are cute too! But does she really need a dog in high school?!

Janine DeMichele said...

Well I think her clothes had the potential to be cute- they were just...too much...

I have to say I went into the movie with a negative attitude. I'm sure there are worse movies made- I just went the snarky route. :P And yeah the dog was a little ridiculous! Notice how it got thrown in the trash can and we never saw it again...

Anonymous said...

actually Quinn picks up the dog and purse out of the garbage. i guess she keeps both. later on in the movie twice you see mandi with that purse again which doesnt make sense. also idk if you saw but wat Abbys party you see Jo and Mandi off to the side talking. Mandi isnt wearing a necklace in the next part she is wearing the necklace again!!!