Sunday, April 3, 2011

I need your help!

Okay. I have a couple things that I want people's opinions on.

1.) I have been toying with the idea of dying my hair darker like this:



As opposed to the way my hair is now, which is not terribly different, I know- but it's more of a reddish brown:

It would be a way of sort of "re-marketing" myself. I think I look more exotic with darker hair because of my light eyes, and it may help me stick out more in piles of headshots, or in my modeling portfolio. (This question is both from an actor and modeling standpoint so I want opinions from both!) For reference- I HAVE had my hair pretty dark like that before, but it was a different look altogether because then my hair was cut in this funky kind of way, whereas now my hair is longer and more feminine. Also, my hair was pretty damaged at the time, coming straight from blonde hair so it would definitely look much better this go-round if I did! Also, if I decided to go dark, it would be very easy to keep up since my hair naturally is brunette, and I could probably do it from home. Here is a picture of me when I used to have it dark: Another thing to note is that I will be getting tanner now that summer is coming, whereas in this photo I am pretty pale? haha. Anyways. I just thought that because I'm going to be getting new headshots whenever I move to Atlanta and things that I should make this decision soon if so. So just let me know what you think! :P

2.) As some of you may have noticed...I like to be present in the social media/internet world, and I wouldn't say I'm trying to market myself as a "brand" per se- but I do alot of things. Acting, modeling, blogging, etc. So I'm thinking- instead of bombarding all of my facebook friends that may or may not care to see photos from shoots or what have you with pictures, should I create a facebook "Page?" Alot of models/actors have them and I was thinking it may be a good way to keep followers up to date on little things relating solely to career-related things as well as post shoots and what not. I don't know. It's something I'm toying with, but I am aware that it may seem a little self-indulgent. Howeer, it could also be an easier way to network with photographers and such without having them privy to my personal facebook necessarily. I don't know! What do you think? Would you "Like" it? Would that seem pushy to ask? Is that weird? I need to know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

From a theatre point of view: In 33 years of directing and producing, I've never hired an actor from a headshot, no matter how good they look. Headshots are notorious for NOT looking like the actor so most producers don't believe their eyes until they meet the actor. I want the actor to Impress me with her fascinating personality first in an interview and convince me she isn't crazy or self-absorbed, then in an audition. The headshot helps me remember "which pretty brunette" you are. I've rarely received a headshot and letter in the mail and then called the actor. The exceptions have been when I was looking for, say, an Asian or African-American tenor with tap experience. Personally, I like your hair color now.

J9isyourstar said...

Thank you so much for your feedback, Paul!

No One said...

Though I am just a friend, I wanted to tell you I like the way your hair is now, it is very pretty. I think that you should choose that color that best personifies YOU, not you blending into other personalities. But IMO, your hair color presently looks beautiful! :D