Monday, July 20, 2009

lets do the time warp...again.

I know I have been lazy in my blog this summer- last summer I posted something almost everyday. But also, last summer I was stuck in Augusta (ick!) and this summer I am here in Columbus. It's hard to believe that the fall semester is already upon us in a couple weeks. I literally feel like I have never escaped school or left the "grind" so to speak. I mean, as soon as school let out I was doing Into The Woods, and then my biology class started, and then rehearsals for Rocky Horror started, and now we open Rocky this weekend! In the midst of that I need to read about 6 plays, mail off my headshots/resumes to agencies, get prepared for school, etc.

(By the way: here are the headshots I am going to be sending off- I LOVE the way they turned out! A totally different look from my last shots. For fun, I'll include an example. I love how completely different I look, haha!)^-----OLD! haha.

But anyway. I am moderately stressed about my fall classes- Directing is somewhat scary to me. It just seems so stressful because you have to do all these huge analyses and schedule extra directing scene rehearsals all the time... I'm sure it will be fine but it is just new to me so I guess we will see how that goes! Also, Seminar in Auditions is probably going to be a moderately stressful class, but it will help alot. I know that I could use the help in auditioning! Then of course I have Meisner, which gets more and more intense. It is a good class and program but there is no denying the stress factor of coming up with new activities and the like. The really exciting part about this semester is my double dance classes- Theatre Dance 1 on MW(?) and Tap dance on TR (?) The days could be switched. But I have a dance class everyday at the end of all my classes! And then I still get my Gold's gym membership because I am in Cannibal The Musical with Chattahoochee Shakespeare. Yay!

So I haven't heard back from the Springer regarding Footloose or any other show yet. I have a feeling I am not in Footloose, but there is always the other shows in the season! I hear they will contact you for each individual show- not regarding all of them at once. So I still have a chance to be in a show there, which will be good. I'm not stressing. Maybe then I can have some time to focus on classes and such... I will need the focus! I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to really have time to do tech work for CSU this fall semester... I know I need to though. Hopefully they will let me do makeup for Cloud Nine or something- all the cross-gendering going on haha. That is the greatest tech job of all! But either way, spring semester is when all the stops will come out. Crazy for You...One-Acts...Piece of My Heart... I'm working my butt off for Crazy for You. I know I deserve it, and I hope that (finally!) my hard work and dedication these past couple years will pay off. But we will see...whatever happens happens! =]

In other news, the cast of Rocky had a get together at Rachel's house the other night. It was alot of fun and a great way to unwind a bit before stressful tech week starts! (Although today was our first tech run and it was not stressful at all, really! So yay!)

No comments: