Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year has come!

So, here it is. 2010. In this year I will be finishing up my junior year as well as starting the first semester of my (OMG) SENIOR year. How crazy is that?! Yeah. I can hardly believe it, to be honest!

Christmas/New Years came and went- and I have to honestly say I think it's been the best holidays I've had in a while. Just because it all really FELT like the holidays, and I was really into the spirit of it. I normally don't, ever since I started college. But yeah. It was really nice. It was especially nice to get away from Columbus for a bit what with all the whirlwind of drama I found myself in. Phew.

A word on that situation- I am just really happy right now. And as much as I said I didn't want a relationship or anything like that last semester, it was the right time to NOT be in one. I had really hard classes, and I was able to just focus on school so much, and it was perfect timing in that respect. And such is now. I'm still going to be focused, but it is nice sometimes to be able to share the same experiences with someone else- the same classes, show, etc. This semester is just going to be so much fun, I can already tell!

I know that my new romantic endeavor may seem random to certain people, and I'm aware that the timing from the get-go was extremely awkward and not that great, but sometimes you just can't control what and when life throws at you. So no matter who it makes upset and who decides to delete me as a facebook friend because of it, I'm going to enjoy my life. Because you know what? Life is short. It's an overly cliche statement but it is really true. I've always been the person to try to not cause a stir, or that tries to please everyone else around me even when I don't need to, but right now I'm just going to enjoy what has been thrown into my life, embrace it, and try not to worry about what people think about it. This whole situation is not what I expected at this point in my life, but it is happening, and it is just really great. And I'm not going to apologize to anyone for being happy. Because that is just not fair!

In a few days school starts back and the hecticity (I just made that word up, I believe.) will commence. I'm excited, and ready. Bring it on!

3 comments:

IndiaC said...

I'm glad you're happy, and if someone deletes you on facebook because you're happy they shouldn't have been your friend to begin with :)

Love you,

India

Janine DeMichele said...

I love you, India! =]

Anonymous said...

as much as i really wish i wouldn't even dignify this with a response...i have to say that i told you: "i would delete you from facebook and never talk to you again"...so i did. (minus this comment. :) and i didn't think it would bother you enough to write it in your blog lol. but it's cool. You ALWAYS do what YOU want. as for you being happy...don'
t think that was why i don't wanna talk to you anymore..i'll give you credit. you can make yourself look like a victim with the flip of a coin. i just can't be friends with someone who says one thing then does another...that's a lack of integrity...i can't stand people who have none. simple as that :) So, goodbye best friend of last year whom i used to respect.

-matt :)

especially when i know something you don't about "that romantic endeavor"