Thursday, February 5, 2009

its been awhile.

So I realized I haven't actually blogged in quite a bit...so it seems I have a lot of catching up to do, huh?
Well for one thing, Fat Men in Skirts went great! It was such a fun show and the audience seemed to really love it too. It was a learning experience... especially the last performance where our understudy went on, and I burnt my hair off literally with the curling iron.
But other than that, it was awesome! Haha.

Now that its over I have other shows to work on. First of all, I'm makeup artist for the Cripple of Inishmaan, which is exciting because I am listed in the program and get theatre practice hours and everything for showing up, doing old-age on a few people, then leaving.
Then I am also stage-managing a One-Act called "Oh Dad Poor Dad Momma's Hung You in the Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad" (That is a mouthful!) and I also hope to be IN a One- Act as well.
AND in the meantime I am assistant props master for Machinal... and I am a performer in two different freestages.
Now that I sit here and look back on all of this it seems like complete insantity. Add to that rehearsals for my Meisner class as well as my secondary voice class and you can see how it is that I get stressed so often, haha.

And right now I'm getting over being sick... it is only really bad after I sleep, like in the mornings and then after naps, etc. I feel like I am coughing up an entire lung. I actually got sent home from class this morning which was weird in one way, and cool in another, haha.

But for now I am enjoying my weekend SO MUCH...because I have no rehearsals or anything! It is amazing. Today all I really did was hang out and watched Tim and Eric Awesome show with Matt, took a 2 hour nap, and now we were playing Katamari but I am taking a break. It is such a crazy game.. you just roll up things haha. It's hard to explain... but its really really fun!

So on another note... lately I have been wanting to do something completely crazy and drastic with my hair...I would love to do something like this:
And I know it is completely crazy... I mean I have long, blonde hair right now and I feel like people would not even recognize me if I had this hair haha.. but that is one reason I would want to do it.
The only thing that would keep me from doing it is that I just got new headshots made this past semester... and I have auditioned for jobs that are not casting for awhile, plus I have other auditions coming up as well and I want to keep my hair the way it is right now. Plus I feel as if long-ish hair fits my type better.

It's just that it is so damaged, especially after dyeing it and burning it off... I want it gone. And I am sick of the blonde, too. It's just really played out right now I feel and it looks dingy... it's just not that pretty anymore to me and I need something fresh! If I don't cut it in a crazy short pixie cut like VB's (which will most likely NOT happen)... I may just get it right above shoulder length. Meh.

No comments: