Saturday, February 21, 2009

wearing thin.

Sometimes I feel like I am just being pulled in 10293809 different directions, and like I have to appease people constantly... is that weird? Like, right now I have so much going on that it is almost ridiculous.
  • I'm in 2 freestages.
  • I am Stage Managing a one-act.
  • I am probably going to be IN a one-act as well.
  • I am Assistant Props Master for Machinal.
  • I am in a voice class that requires a 30 min. rehearsal a week with an accompanist as well as every day.
  • I am in another voice class that requires rehearsals every day.
  • I am in a Meisner/Acting class that requires an hour of rehearsal a week.
  • I was just offered to design the makeup for the character of Mark Twain in Big River at the Springer Opera House, which starts tech runs on March 1st-5th
  • (The first freestage I am in OPENS on March 2nd)
  • I am required to work Thespian Conference this upcoming weekend.
  • I am trying to maintain an A average in all my classes.
  • I have a boyfriend.
Thankfully, the last point is not one of stress, but I still feel bad and I try to make more time for him than I do. The only times I really get to see him, however are are after midnight and by then I am so exhausted from the day I can hardly stay awake.

Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoy everything that I do. I love to be involved in theatre. But sometimes with all of the classes and just extra stuff going on- it gets to be a little much. And it wouldn't be that bad if I didn't agree to do EVERYTHING I want to ever do. Logically, I wouldn't have accepted roles for One-acts. But of course I am going to, because I want to perform. I want to show the department what I can do. I feel as if I am in this constant phase of proving myself to everyone. I am not sure if that is a good thing necessarily, but it drives me to always be better so I don't see that it would be bad. I just tend to get in over my head sometimes...

*sigh*

At times like this I just want to be able to be one of those people that just goes to classes and comes home and watches TV... or just hangs out at the mall with their friends...or plays video games for hours at a time.

I'd get sick of that though, and find something to do soon I'm sure.

No comments: