Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wow, so I really have been slacking on my blog.
Anyways, so this is what has been going on lately...
I have been appointed the "makeup artist" for CSU's The Cripple of Inishmaan... I have to do extreme old-age on Mammy, a character in the show. It is difficult as it involves a prosthetic nose, and a ton of shading/highlighting effects, but I've gotten it down to a science now, and I enjoy doing it and being able to produce such a dramatic transformation. Apparently people have had trouble recognizing Lena- people have said that they thought it was an actual old person, one person thought she had on a whole mask, someone thought she had prosthetic cheeks... while part of the effect is lena's wonderful acting, I am glad that I have been able to provide the visual effect! Also, it is the best tech job EVER. I don't have to spend 11 hours at a cue-to cue or tech rehearsal, and I don't have to wear all black everyday. I just walk in, do the makeup, and leave. I hope every show from now on that I am not in has a crazy makeup that I need to do, haha!

Anyways, so yesterday was Valentines day!
The life of a college student and dorm life sometimes makes it hard to plan anything special on the actual day... so me and Matt went and saw Cripple together and then we went to Wendys and Sonic afterwards. It was really fun, actually, being able to just spend time together and talk and eat junk :P
After that we played Beautiful Katamari (BEST VIDEO GAME EVER. The concept? You roll the entire world and solar system up in a ball, starting with tiny objects on the earth. Hard to explain, but once you play it you will love it unless you're one of those normal people that like their video games to make sense... haha.)
and by then I was extremely tired so I went to sleep.

Today we are going to go to Fujiyama for some hibachi grillin' goodness! :) I'm excited.

OH- so how about I am not the proud owner of a SNUGGIE!
I know, I know, some people like to say that it is just a backwards robe, blablabla... but in reality it is wonderful because it is LONGER THAN A ROBE which means it COVERS YOUR FEET and I am pretty much 95% of the time freezing my butt off... so it is nice and cozy. And I can be curled up in a blanket while doing homework at the same time! I'll upload pictures later.

So I was just browsing the internet and I came across a disturbing discovery: the Baker's Edge, EDGE Brownie Pan. Now, whenever I see a pan of Brownies, I am always the one to go for the soft and chewy middle part... and will make strange cutouts so that I can get to it, bypassing the hard edges. This pan is so depressing to me... because they ALL are edge brownies =[ It just makes me sad, but apparently some people really like edges.... strange.

No comments: