Monday, December 13, 2010

Officially finished!

Today is the LAST official day of the semester. I finished my last 2 exams, and now it's Christmas break officially! It's weird to think that I just finished my last fall semester in my life essentially. But it's exciting too! :) With everyone just having graduated it is really causing me to prepare mentally for it myself. It's just going to be such a magical moment to get my degree and to be a college graduate! However, I do have some hurdles to jump first, but I'll get through them.
I think I figured out my post-graduation plan though. I think I definitely am going to move to Atlanta. Ideally, directly from my Columbus apartment. (Sorry Augusta...it's not that I don't like you..but...wait actually I really just don't like you!) There is absolutely no reason for me to be in a place where I can't further continue my career in any way. So I'm going to be looking for reasonably priced Atlanta apartments and move in and preferably already have a "real person" job lined up so I can be financially secure while I audition and find agents and what not.

Lately I've gotten some really cool modeling opportunities such as modeling for a local Atlanta designer named Marian Collier- she has some really great stuff and it was alot of fun to be a part of a fashion show situation.
I met some nice contacts there and from a photographer that was covering the event there, now I'll be doing a photoshoot at Compound in Atlanta for a different designer that will be published in Shooterfoto magazine. It's a small publication targeted to models/photogs/designers/etc. but it is still pretty cool to be published in something! And it should be alot of fun. Apparently Compound is this club where celebrities have their birthday parties at and stuff like that. Fancy! So anyways we will see how that goes. The shoot is on Saturday so I decided to stay in Columbus until then so I can save on gas, and also I have 2 photoshoots with Columbus photographers this week as well. I think it will be nice to have a little "me"-vacation before Christmas break as well if that makes sense.

 But yeah other than that it's been somewhat of a cavalcade of partying these past couple weeks. Me and Robin had our birthday party shindig at Kyle's which went pretty well- here are a couple "paparazzi" shots before the party actually started:

So many other people have had parties and Christmas shindigs and what nots as well. It's been alot of fun to socialize, get dressed up and just generally enjoy the holidays :)

No comments: