Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Guess what I did last week?
Jumped out of a plane.
No, seriously, I did.
Me and some good friends of mine decided to go skydiving, and...can I just say...it was one of the most AMAZING experiences of my ENTIRE life. 
Like...I'm almost positive there is nothing more scary than jumping out of a plane and freefalling...but the feeling you get once you've landed is one of utmost accomplishment. It's like- man, I've jumped out of a freaking PLANE. I can do ANYTHINNG!!!

It's like nothing in this world can even scare you because you've just done the scariest thing you could possibly do. At least for me it was. I was in tears on the plane from the general overwhelming fear that consumed me and of what I was about to do. 

But I'm so glad I did!

I seriously would recommend it to anybody. It's something I think everyone HAS to experience at least once, no matter how scared they are of it. It will make you feel like an entirely brand new person...seriously.
 
But you know what's funny? I have the courage to jump out of a plane yet I find that lately I'm lacking courage to just have a singular conversation with someone, because I'm so terrified of the results. Don't you wish you could just say whatever you wanted to say without any repercussions?! Sigh. I just wish I could stop thinking about this certain situation and just continue life as it was before it all came about. But alas. I'm just feeling really conflicted and it's not the greatest of feelings in the world, but I'm a strong girl. 

Sometimes, though I get tired of always being the strong, independent one all the time. 

No comments: