Thursday, December 15, 2011

German girl.

Hey guys!
So I realized I haven't blogged in awhile.
I'm going to skip the obligatory apologies and go straight to the content of this blog post, however.
You're welcome! :)

So what has been going on with me lately? Well first of all, I'm recently back in the states after my life pretty much took a hiatus for 2 weeks while I was in Germany. I was there to visit my family, as it was my grandma's 80th birthday. (All my mom's side of the family still lives there!) It was my first time visiting for 7 years. While at times it was a bit of a culture shock living in a small German village with no internet, phone access, transportation, etc. - it was good for me, I think to kind of relax for a bit and press the "Reset" button on my life, essentially.

While I was there I had alot of time to think about my life and where I'm headed and what I need to change, etc. and I think it really gave me a fresh perspective that I needed. This summer has been quite tumultuous to say the least and recently I've been realizing just how quickly life, friend and relationships change. It's therefore important to always hold family and your dreams close because those people that you thought would always be there are not always going to be. And that guy you think holds the world in his hand? He doesn't have that strong of a grip. And never take people for granted, because you never know that they just might turn into something special :)

But life lessons aside- here are some Germany pictures!









I definitely ate/drank my weight in bread, cheese, sweets, and beer but I had a wonderful time. :)

No comments: