Friday, April 13, 2012

So you may be wondering- how's life in ole' Janineland? What exactly is this life of craziness that she speaks of?!

Here's what's up:
So as you may have read in my recent post I have a new job. It definitely has its ups...and of course its downsides as well. Overall, the experiences I have with this job are ones that I will no doubt take with me for the rest of my life. It's one of the most challenging and unique things I've ever had to do!

Just imagine- every single day driving anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and a half depending on where to a random Kroger or Belk, oftentime in a small, country town. You arrive and set up the booth, going in the back of the store to do so when its the first time you have ever even been IN the store in general. Then making intercom announcements, doing shows- rinse and repeat. I've encountered SO many different types of people, and really learn how to interact with them. While at first I thought this was a very performance based "act-y" type job- it's really alot more about connecting with people and getting on their level. If that means sometimes I put on my thick southern accent while doing so, then by all means I do that. If it means getting a little bit of an attitude- I do that too. The dynamics involved can be really interesting, and I feel like I've learned so much about human culture, really.

Money-wise, things can get somewhat inconsistent since it's a full-commission based job, but I actually do get a raise in about a week so that should help things in that area for sure. I'm going to try picking up some freelance writing jobs again because I kind of miss that....

You know what else I miss? Theatre. I was driving in the car today listening to my favorite musicals- and I realized that my soul just really craves it and needs it. I feel like this past year has been some sort of strange career experiment where I focused on film and kind of overlooked theatre- but this year I feel like I'm going to try to really get my feet wet in the Atlanta theatre scene. Whether that means doing an internship/ working at a theatre first, then I may even do that. I know that I just NEED to be doing theatre and I really haven't been truly happy since I stopped. I just feel like there will always be that void there! Now, I of course want to still do film, too- but I just think for a while I need to shift my focus a little bit!

In other news, I'm actually NOT single anymore.

Yes.

You read that right.

I, Janine DeMichele actually have a boyfriend.

Random, right? It really is. We met really randomly downtown, and just developed this sort of instant connection. Several phone conversations and skype dates ensued (he lives in Fayetteville) and then we had one of the most amazing first dates I've ever had. It was really crazy. It's been this sort of whirlwind thing that has been so amazingly refreshing, mainly because he seriously is one of the sweetest guys I've ever known. And if you know me, I've dealt with alot of these wishy-washy situations where I am in constant doubt and unsure of myself or where it's all going- but I never, ever have to question anything with him and that's one of the most wonderful feelings. I'm not going to get all sappy on you, but just know that I'm happy and am finally being treated how I feel like I deserve.

So that's life right now, I've got some pretty cool things in the works actually so stay tuned! ;)




1 comment:

Agencydfe said...

If your body is full and curvaceous, you may be able to be a plus size model.