Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Be gentle with me.



As much as I go around saying that I really don't want a boyfriend due to how incapacitated I am at being a good girlfriend anymore...
I just feel like I want someone to just like me for ME, genuinely. ALL strange, weird, crazy, stupid parts of me. I think there must be someone out there that would not just think that I am pretty when I fix my hair and dress up like normal, but someone who can see all those hideous pictures of me on facebook and still think the same thing. Someone who would not just buy me flowers, but who would get me those stupid greeting cards with cats on them that I love. I want someone to not just think I'm funny and amusing, but someone that would listen to me when I am crying and tell me everything will be okay. I want someone that is not just going to show up to a performance of mine because I ask them to, but someone who will help me run lines when I am stressed out about being off book the next day, or who won't mind listening to musicals with me. I want someone who is completely content to share a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey with me while watching flight of the conchords or even America's next top model marathons. Someone who is willing to open their heart to me, and someone who I will not be afraid to open mine to.
Now, I am not miserable because I am not in a relationship by NO means. If anything, I enjoy being single because I hate to feel tied down to anything, and it's not like I hook up with random guys or anything either, because that's just not me. And I'm not the type of girl that is going to throw herself on any guy or force guys to pay attention to me either.
I am content, but sometimes I just wonder if there is even a guy like that out there. Sometimes I tend to lose faith in men, period.

I want someone to prove me wrong.

3 comments:

Megan Waite said...

You WILL find that guy Janine, because I found that guy for me. I pray every night that you and Robin will be as lucky as me and that you'll find men who make you feel like a million bucks.

You will find those guys.
Until then: know how much I love you!

Bombchell said...

@ megan: awww how lucky

@ post: babes me too! honestly im a bit tired of being single, but im also tired of meeting wrong guys, and i want stuff from romance novels (sigh)

Anonymous said...

hey babe, lol i love that i have never seen this blog before and we have done the things that you wanted to do...makes me feel like i haven't failed and i want you to know that you are my favorite person in the world.

p.s. you make me sooo happy