Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ever after!

So as of late, my life has made a significant improvement! I think that I may be able to get out of this weird funk I am in finally, haha.

Here are the reasons why:
  • All the one-acts I am involved in (OOTI and Oh Dad) are OVER! And they both went over wonderfully. I am definitely going to miss the OOTI cast, and I am very proud of the Oh Dad cast (but I will not miss stage management, that's for sure! haha)
  • We have a wonderful, nice apartment with a pretty pool and workout center to move in to on the 15th!
  • Finals are next week! That means this semester will be over soon. YAY.
  • I went to a costume fitting today and I found out I lost an inch overall everywhere! I am so excited because working out and eating healthy has paid off. I feel so much healthier as well.
  • I just got cast as Little Red in the Schwob's production of Into the Woods! I am SOOO beyond excited. I'm sure alot of people are wondering how I even got to be in it, as I am the only theatre major that is in it. So this is how: I am taking voice lessons at the Schwob, and some of the cast has fallen ill, so they were shifting roles which left one open for someone to fill... my voice teacher recommended me, I went in to audition for the musical director, and there you have it, I am now cast! It's really exciting because it will be in the Bill Heard theatre, which is in the Rivercenter and is HUGE... and super nice. And also the sets and costumes will be designed by Kim and Steve, and they are hiring as the director a guy from the University of Oklahoma musical theatre department, who is apparently really good. So yeah it is a little bit stressful as I don't have much time to learn the part, which is not small. But I am so thankful for this wonderful opportunity! =]
The only thing that is really stressing me out right now is JUNIOR PROFICIENCY. But seriously- once that is over with- life is so much easier! Of course, there is dance extravaganza as well, but that is really not that stressful. It's just fun! =]

So basically

No comments: