Monday, April 27, 2009

well hello there

So the semester is finally coming to close.
What a crazy semester it has been! Starting with Fat Men, then doing makeup for Cripple, then Kapow, and Situations, and doing makeup for Big River, then Once on This Island and stage managing Oh Dad and then Machinal... it has been intense to say the least!

But I am grateful for every minute I spend doing what I love! =]

I am really excited for what the future holds... I will actually be staying in Columbus this summer instead of going back to Augusta for the first time. It will be really weird, but in a good way!

Hopefully over Maymester something really exciting is going to be going on that I can't speak of quite yet, but I am really excited to possibly be a part of it...!

And then there are auditions for the Springer season as well as Chattahoochee Shakespeare. Even though I am not cast next semester at CSU, I am not going to let that hold me back! I am finally going to get my feet wet in all the community theatre opportunities around town. The Springer is doing Footloose at the beginning of next year, and I don't see why I wouldn't get cast in at least the ensemble! I think it would be super fun.

Whenever CSU gets out of this rut of doing depressing, abstract plays, it will be my time here. (Crazy for you anyone? Can I just say that I am STILL beyond excited about it. I don't think there is anyone else in this entire department that is as excited as Robin and I are about this haha) But until then, I will still keep myself busy doing other things. Hopefully over the summer I will have a job as well, and then I am also taking a biology class, so I can get some cash flow as well as 4 credit hours under my belt! I also need to be finding scenes for directing and reading alot of plays and such.
As much as I would like to say I can finally relax over the summer- I don't think it is really going to happen haha. But hopefully I will still be moving forward in my career and my life so that is my main goal anyways.

Anyways, off to class voice!

No comments: