Saturday, April 4, 2009

things are looking up...

So lately I have been feeling GREAT.
I have let myself get in a pattern of junk food/binge eating and no exercise over the past few months... and I decided that it needed to stop.

For the past week or so I have been trying to eat healthy, and go running whenever I can fit it in (This morning I ran at the Riverwalk for 30 minutes- and it was wonderful! Such a beautiful, day too.)

I feel slimmer already, and its not that I even trying to "lose weight" or anything, because I'm not overweight, but I just want to tone up and get muscles again, and just generally be healthy! Because I have to say, that I feel really wonderful now that I'm eating healthy and drinking lots of water- several people have told me how I look good/better... it's great!

On another note- we found out what the musical next year is.... and I couldn't believe it when I found out- but it is CRAZY FOR YOU.

And everyone in the department is annoyed pretty much.. except for Robin and I. Because let's face it- we were both MADE for the 1930s-40s. And Gershwin's music is wonderful, and the whole show is just fantastic when it is done well, which I know we will! Many people are annoyed because of the fact that it is a "high school musical"... but honestly? What musical ISN'T a high school musical. Everyone wanted to do Into The Woods...but there are so many high schools that do that!
I think people don't understand the time period of the musical and relate it to old people. But whatever.

I will literally kill for the role of Polly. She is the lead, and when we did it in high school, that is who I played. It was the most absolute fun I have ever had working on a show, and all of her songs are made for my voice.

SO yeah.. excitinggggg! =]

No comments: