Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the sun

So life as of late has been quite interesting, lots of new things happening- I started my new job (Red Robin,) bought some new things with said money from new job which was nice seeing as I never buy myself anything cool really. I actually got a webcam finally, which I have been meaning to get. I consider it an investment in my acting career- because I mean there are just so many video-auditions these days, and so many people get opportunities from YouTube! So be on the lookout soon for my new channel. The world may never be the same...haha! :P Also I am thinking of getting Skype, I just don't know who all has one. So out yourself, fellow skypers!

Also, I've just had a great time meeting new people lately, which is great, and I'm having a blast- but I'm also trying to not rush into anything- I definitely do need some time for myself still!

Theatrically, my life is going well- I just had my audition for this year's season of the Springer Opera House last night, and I am being considered for the leads in High School Musical and did a reading which is very cool! I'm also getting excited for Spelling Bee in the fall... even though it is kind of pushed in the back of my mind at the moment, everytime a song comes on my shuffle on my iPod I get a little tinge of excitement! =]

I'm just enjoying some time away from hecticness, being able to just lounge at my pool or stop over at the mall whenever I want is very very nice. Even though I'm taking a class right now, it's so easy that it doesn't even phase me at all.

Also, I've downloaded some great new music, and can definitely make some recommendations-
-She & Him- Zooey Deschanel's band, very summer-esque and wistful.
-Florence and the Machine- Reminds me of a mix between Fiona Apple, Kate Nash, and Regina Spektor.
-La Roux- Electronic/pop. Very fun. Love it.
-Pomplamoose- my best friend Erin showed me this band and I'm in love. They are kind of like The Bird and The Bee. They have some really awesome covers- my favorite is this one:

1 comment:

Megan Waite said...

"Rabbit Heart" by Florence + the Machine is good.

I also think that (maybe) you'd enjoy "Toothpaste Kisses" by the Maccabees. It's a guy, but I think you'd enjoy it. :)