Thursday, September 9, 2010

shabooommm

So things are a little well, crazy to say the least. I have been furiously working on my directing analysis, and that's finally done so YAY on that. I started rehearsals for my directing scene last night and I'm really excited about it. It's a French farce, really over-the-top ridiculous but tons of fun! It's a little tiring rehearsing that after rehearsing Spelling Bee, but at least today I get a little break seeing as I only have to be there from 8:45-9:30 tonight. Wee!

So that's nice.

Oh and another thing- I semi-quit Red Robin. Well, I'm on "pick-up only" status, which means that I'm still employed but not on the schedule and can just pick up shifts whenever I need to. Which won't be often, I can guarantee you that, seeing as I got this nice sum of money from CSU RANDOMLY. I really can't explain how I got it, other than just the world being on my side :)

So because of that sum of money, I really don't NEED the job this semester at all, and subsequently have become more and more annoyed with the place. It's just little things that are annoying me that I don't want to get into on a public forum, but it's really just my mind shifting priorities. Now that school/rehearsals have started I've got theatre, and my schoolwork and graduating on the brain and my life AFTER college mainly- and I just can't wrap my head around stressing myself about minute things at work that really are not benefiting me in the long I have no desire to make a career out of being a server at a burger place. But I mean, that's just me.

So I think that the next time I get a job, I really want to work somewhere where I feel some sort of fulfillment, where I am really benefiting people more, or getting something more out of it. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being picky b/c my financial situation is better :P But hey, one could have worse problems in life.

So other than that, I've just been rehearsing, preparing for GTC, and bettering myself. I'm feeling wonderful now that I've been working out very regularly again like I used to, and I've been eating very healthily and I just feel great! I'm shedding this summer weight slowly but surely and by the time I graduate I'll be in tip top condition!

Another reason I want to be in great shape is because I really think I would like to pursue some modeling on the side as well. (I know, I already do too much haha) But after doing these shoots with Damonee recently, I just really see how much fun it is and I started a Model Mayhem account- (A networking tool for models, photographers, makeup artists, etc. I already had one for makeup artist work but I opened up another one solely for modeling) and I've gotten alot of positive feedback and offers to work with other local photographers and things once I have more time which is exciting! I'm not trying to be a runway model or anything, obviously seeing as I am 5'2," but I think I could definitely look into some commercial modeling. I think it's fun, and who knows! I'm just taking everything that comes at me, really.

I'm just rollin' with the punches and trying to be proactive with life- and I feel that if you are and remain positive that doors will open for you! So life is good. :)

No comments: