Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Change up your hair!

SO yesterday I just randomly decided to put my hair in sponge rollers overnight and see what happens.

This is the result.
You know, I actually really love it. I haven't had short hair in a really long time, and it just feels really free and bouncy! I realistically can't cut it because of auditions/headshots/the show I'm in/etc... but this is a nice way to have the look of short hair without it actually BEING short.
I'm also digging the sort of retro vibe it gives off as well. I feel almost like a cross between Marilyn Monroe and Shirley Temple! haha!

As a reference, this is what my hair usually looks like:
It's pretty long, actually, so it is crazy that it got as short as it did.
If you want to recreate the same style with sponge rollers, just get a pack of a variety of sizes (I used Con-air sponge rollers) and roll your hair with the smallest ones on the bottom layer, working up to the biggest rollers on the top layers of your hair. Make sure you are rolling them really tight and using small pieces of hair so that they roll up directly against your scalp. It is not the most comfortable thing in the world to sleep in, but once you GET to sleep... you can usually sleep well the rest of the night, haha.
Just be forewarned- they will be super duper tight when you first take them out, but let them fall for a little bit and maybe put some leave-in conditioner in it, working the curls with your fingers so they separate some.

It's alot of fun, and a way to kind of change up your hair drastically without cutting/coloring it.

No comments: