Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Musings of my Senior High School self

I was in a nostalgic mood and perusing old myspace blogs again. But this time I decided to read some of my thoughts as a Senior in high school. Interesting seeing as now I'm a Senior in college!
  • COLLEGE CRAP IS ANNOYING. Juniors and below, relish the time that you have in which you do not have to be constantly plagued by due dates, application forms, auditions, and anxiously waiting on scholarships. ADKJASD. Everytime I turn around there is something else that I didn't realize I needed to do such as today I had to go get shots that I didn't know I had to get, which suspended my application even longer. It's so retarded it's ridiculous. Geez. I will be glad once I am just IN college. (Ah, janine of 4 years ago- just wait until you are about to graduate college and the real world sets in! Scary!)
  • I know it seems petty, but I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A PROM DRESS =[
    I want to go to the Lennox mall in atlanta and go to Betsey Johnson. Seriously. Or else- Burlap sack, here we come!
  • I want to do my nails but I can't because concentration camp victims cannot have french tips! Alas it must wait until Sunday.
    (I was in a Holocaust show. Go figure.)
  • I hate winter. I wish it would die. I'm sick of looking like a hobo everyday. I want to wear cute things, but I cannot because of the cold weather, and I'm reduced to wearing the same brown coat with the really loose button that flies around when I walk. That or the wrap sweater which makes me look 10 lbs. heavier.
    (Some things never change!)

  • I just want a day off. A day off from school, from rehearsals, from church, from my parents bugging me about random stuff, from everything. But like my character Erna says, "Isn't it a wonderful fairy tale?"
    (Obviously I was always a workaholic.)

  • On a happier note, I just want everyone to know that I have the pimpest boyfriend ever.
    (I'm judging myself for using the word "pimpest." Hardcore.

Throwback photo! This is me as Miss HHS! I still have the crown. it's pretty "pimp" (That is the word I apparently used for every freaking thing in high school.)

And to top off this post: A day in the life of my Senior year of high school self:

"Monday. My cell phone alarm goes off at 6:15, but I keep snoozing until about 6:30 then I shut it off like I'm about to get out of bed, but then I drift back to sleep and wake up about 5-10 minutes later spazzing out because it's late. So I rush, groggy eyed, to the bathroom, take a shower then get dressed and do makeup/hair. Very quickly, I might add. Which usually results in my hair feeling all weird because its straightened while being damp which makes it feel frizzylike. So then I get my lunch together and rush to school to make it on time in Mrs. Weimar's class. French class is a breeze. Then it's drama where Mr. Lewis tells us random things to do that usually don't make any sense. Then AP Lit, which is pretty easy most of the time. Anatomy=easy, then there is art which is an awesome class because I get to paint. Then its alg 3 and then off to the theatre. Rehearsals last until about 5:30ish. Where I now am going to have to rush from school to get to church to put together this children's christmas play. After that I do homework or senior project stuff/ get online and dawdle. Then I have my much needed call to Sean and end up getting to bed later than I need to. Tuesday is a nice day, because I don't have any extraneous activities besides rehearsal. Then Wednesday, I have rehearsal then rush to church to teach my 3-4 year old class. Which is stress in itself. Thursdays, I have to rush from school to ballet at 5, then I have a couple hours to hang out with Sean before our Salsa class at 8. Then it's already Friday. Which is my date night/hang out night, after rehearsals that is. But this weekend is Harlemfest so it's booked for the most part. Somewhere in there I find time to do senior project stuff, read, do my journals for ap lit, attend meetings for the 20398 clubs I'm an officer of, and alot of other crap. Aside from my extreme busyness and stress, my life has been going pretty good. I have the most awesome boyfriend I could ever ask for who helps me out so much, and is 100% supportive in everything I do. I don't know what I would do without him! My senior year has been going relatively well so far, and let's hope this is an ongoing trend.Anyways. I just need to take a day off for myself sometime, I think, I tend to feel overwhelmed sometimes, but its ok. I'll survive!
    Ok now I want to go on my soapbox about healthy food: Everyone needs to make sure they get their daily portion of WHOLE GRAINS and WATER a day! Where do whole grains come from? Well, the best form of whole grains are triscuits. They are amazing. I eat them like potato chips. Those and wheat bread. And not the lame wheat bread thats like white bread with brown food coloring. I'm talking about 12 grain bread with the whole seeds. It's so good. And you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day. (Here, I"ll do the math: if you weigh 110 pounds, thats 55 oz. of water a day.) And yes, I actually do drink that much water a day. And it helps me survive and makes me feel better and makes my skin clear and GLOWY! =]
SODA AND WHITE BREAD ARE THE DEVILS TOOLSSSSSS
haha
I hate soda and white bread. So much. Especially DIET soda. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
WATER is the best
I am starting to get delirious.
So maybe I'll stop.
OH and you need your fresh fruits and vegetables a day too! Yum yum!
Ok so everyone promise me you will have at least on eserving of WHOLE GRAINS, FRUIT& VEGETABLES and drink one extra bottle of WATER a day!
And you will feel healthy."

Bahaha. Oh, my Sr. year self.

No comments: