Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Personal Update.

So as you know (if you read my blog) recently I went to Daytona to compete in ACTF. It was tons of fun being by the beach in Daytona! Plus the weather was gorgeous- a nice reprieve from the chilly winter we've been having. (Although it's pretty warm, today!)


But yeah, I didn't get passed on to the finals but it was still a great experience and if anything it was a mini-vacation, a calm before the storm if you will before the craziness that is to come of this semester.

In other theatrical news- As You Like It is FINALLY cast and we have already have some rehearsals which have been a blast so far! I really enjoy working with our director, Jeff Watkins from the Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta. And I'm absolutely loving my role so far- I play Celia who is a princess and is the over-dramatic female co-star of the show. It's going to be really funny, I think! :P

Robin's show, In Dreams/Nightmares is going to be super awesome, too. We're SO close to almost finishing all the choreography finally! (There are 15 songs total. Killer!) But I'm really enjoying the process and it's fun to improve as a dancer as alot of it is pretty challenging. I think the theatre department will be pleasantly surprised at the ability of alot of the cast-members to be honest!

My Sr. Recital is moving on along. It's really more annoying than an enjoyable process at the moment but hey- it's something everybody's gotta do. My pieces are from My Fair Lady and a show called Othello Undercover- and I'm doing the song "I'm a Star" by Scott Alan. Larry mentioned that since my pieces were short I may do another monologue as well...? But I'm not sure about that quite yet!

(Side note: WHY is my apartment so freezing?!) Okay, moving on.
So in other news of my life- I just did another shoot with Bryant from Shooterfoto magazine. I just got some shots back from the last shoot and they turned out pretty cool! They are all original designs by a local Atlanta designer, Ben Almonor:

I'll be sure to post some from the new shoot as they come!

No comments: