Thursday, February 24, 2011

Realizations.

Is it just me or did Spring and Midterms appear out of thin air? It was like, I went to bed one night, cold, with lingering feelings of Christmas and holiday cookies still in the air and woke up and it was 75 degrees, and I'm right in the middle of the semester. It's....scary. But MORE than scary it is so exciting. It's so close now, graduation. Spring break is coming up and during this time I'll be in Atlanta, job/apt. hunting and just taking care of business. My wonderful friend Liz is providing me with a place to sleep at night so I can stay however long I need which is absolutely amazing. I'm just so over the minutia of college life. I am just weary of alot of things. The classes, mind-numbing theatre practice, the guys- the list goes on! '

One thing that is exciting- The show I've been rehearsing for months now is finally going up tomorrow! Tonight was our final dress, and to be honest it was a little rough. But I feel confident that tomorrow will be great- that is always a common occurrence anyways, that the final dress is bad and the opening is awesome. You've got to have a little dip to create a peak performance! And I'm positive that will happen. However, my knee has been acting up which is weird because I never ever have knee problems. I think it's just the strain of dancing so hardcore nightly. When you see the show you'll understand what I'm talking about- it's intense! But it's so much fun. I'm excited about my mom coming in town on Saturday, too. :)

As You Like It is going well- our offbook date is Saturday, but we were encouraged to be off book the week before so I'm pretty golden. It's great because that was the one thing I was worried about the most- I just knew for some reason I would be struggling with the Shakespeare text and memorization but the funny thing is- I'm actually having an EASIER time with this than with other things I've had to memorize! This show really has one of the most wonderful rehearsal processes I've ever been a part of, even though it's a little bizarre at times. It's hard to explain but we all just have such a cameraderie that I think is unique to this show and the experiences we've all had to go through with it. But I think it's going to come together quite wonderfully and I really love the show and the process so far!

No comments: