Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Takin' Charge.

Okay. So if you read my blog you may have noticed I had not been feeling quite up to par lately.

After having a couple really great conversations with friends and making personal realizations that have put things into perspective for me- I have literally made a mental 180. And it truly is miraculous what can happen when you just DECIDE to make a positive shift- almost immediately I receiged the biggest/most lucrative writing assignment yet (bringing me closer and closer to my goal of quitting the restaurant biz!) and have received some really uplifting encouragement from the most unexpected of places.

Just putting myself out there, taking charge and re-connecting with old friends has really helped alot. I realized that I can't just expect people to bend over backwards to want to hang out with me, I have to put an effort in myself. And doing that has proven to be most beneficial.

It has also helped me tremendously to just count my blessings...be grateful for the great things in my life and to stop worrying and stressing about the things I don't have yet, or that haven't come into place yet. Just accepting what IS...is a very liberating concept. Of course, one should always be making efforts to improve and challenge themselves and further their career- but I think it's so important to realize the things you can and that you can't change, and accept where you are in life, and do all you can to change things for the better. But it's imperative to remember that certain things may not change immediately just because you want them to, and everything has its right timing. So patience is key. It's hard at times, oh is it hard- but making the best of the state you are in at this present moment is going to make you so much happier!

At this point in my life, I feel like I am glimpsing things turning around, finally. I've quit the job that had made me anxious and not very happy, and I am not officially done with training at Taco Mac and start my first shift Saturday. (Which is a double. Ugh. But at least I'll get some monayy! haha) I think it's definitely a more positive environment, and much nicer for my gas tank, too :)

I've also signed officially with Real People Models & Talent. I'm excited to see where this takes me, and with the onslaught of new movies being filmed here, there's no telling just what the industry has up its sleeve for me. Maybe I'll be on your movie screen soon ;) There are also SETC and UPTA auditions coming up and it would be pretty great to get some theatre work, especially musical theatre- seeing as how much I miss it! I actually really miss singing in general. I would love to take some voice lessons but just can't afford it right now, unfortunately...but soon I will get myself a keyboard and I can start my new endeavor of singing/songwriting which I am really excited about- so I suppose then I'll be singing :) I think that I'm going to start out doing covers, mainly until I start writing some songs. That will be alot of fun, I think!

I also think I want to start painting again...in my apartment there is this little sunny nook by the balcony that is tiled that I think would make the most perfect little area to set up an easel and just paint. Granted, I need to get some supplies, but once I have a surplus of money to spend I think I may just slowly build up some art supplies and paint again. We're going to need some decorations for the living room as I have hung up all my old paintings in my bedroom, hehe.

Anyways, I am just feeling generally really good and in a good mood lately, and it's literally because I decided to. Never underestimate the power of positive thoughts- you really have so much more power than you think to control your mood. If you are constantly being swayed by circumstances surrounding you and wallowing in negativity, of course that will always breed negativity and unfortunate situations. So smile more. Do something nice for someone. Just decide to be happy. And you will.  :)

No comments: