Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to win my heart.

Apart from the obvious things like 1.) be a good person and 2.) don't be a creeper, there are other perhaps silly ways in winning my heart. None of these are guarantees. But essentially this is just a list of random things that I find extremely appealing in all you male-folk out there. hehe ;)
  • Goofiness. There is literally nothing more unattractive to me than a guy who tries to come off as having "swagger" or what have you. You know, the jock-y types that try to always seem so tough and hard, boasting about the 10 hours they spent lifting weights or what have you. It does nothing for me. It goes AGAINST you, even. But if any guy is unafraid to be completely crazy and goofy and just do something really out there- you've got more of a chance of winning me over. Because I can't be the only weird one in the relationship!
  • Glasses. Seriously, if a guy is wearing glasses, 9 times out of 10 he is instantly more attractive. By alot. I don't know what it is about them, especially thick rimmed glasses just get me everytime! It may stem from my strange love for Spiderman/Peter Parker and his adorable dorkiness, hehe. So guys- if you wear contacts but have glasses...you should definitely consider wearing the glasses more often. Because I think they're cute. That is all.
  • Wittiness. I love word-banter, especially over text-messaging and internet conversations. I spend alot of time on the internet and on electronic devices so I love when a guy can hold his own and be clever in that regard. Having a good vocabulary is also really attractive. Well, I guess smarts in general- but if you have a way with words it helps :) I think it's because I like words as well and I don't like having to explain what words mean, haha!
  • Adventurousness! I love a guy that's willing to try anything even if it seems odd or out of the box. I love a little adventure and spontanaiety and if a guy is afraid to try some of my "weird healthy food" or doesn't like trying new activities then I'm not sure if you'll be winning my heart anytime soon. I especially want to be challenged myself- I like to be out of my comfort zone so if someone is able to get me to stretch my limits (within reason of course!) Then it's even better!
  • Stylishness! I love when a guy knows how to dress himself well, it's one of the most attractive things about a guy, honestly. You can take a universaly physically attractive guy with a 6 pack and what not but if he wears things like huge baggy clothes, or outfits made entirely out of camo- it's not going to do it for me. Conversely- you can take a guy who may not seemingly be a Brad Pitt look-alike but put him in a dress shirt, skinny tie/vest, and some slim fitting jeans- and that's someone I'll have my eye on! haha. And it's not even about being dressy really- sometimes just a slim fitting black tee and jeans is the most attractive outfit to me.
  • Confidence, but NOT cockiness. There's a fine, fine line here that many guys cross. just be confident in yourself! If a girl tells you you are attractive to her, then just accept it, move on- don't question it. Also- don't parade yourself around like you're the answer to every woman's prayer, because I hate to break it to you- but you're not. 
  • Subtletly, not sketchiness. If you are interested, it's obvious (most of the time.) There's no need to bombard me with texts, messages, etc. I get the picture! If a girl is not responsive then just take it as a hint. On the other hand- if you are interested in someone- don't hang out with a girl then completely ignore her for a couple weeks and then keep doing this over and over. It is just confusing, and sketchy, and makes no sense. Make up your mind and go with it. Personally, if I get even the SLIGHTEST sense that someone is not interested in me like I am with them, I completely back off and let them initiate everything. Maybe this isn't normal- but I will never be the girl to chase after a guy because I know I don't want to hang out with anyone who is not on the same page with me.
Now get to it! I expect to see more sharp dressing goofballs with glasses and less cocky jerks who look like they just woke up in the male population! :)

No comments: