Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break!

And so today Spring Break officially begins! :)
I'm currently at Starbucks in Little 5 Points, relaxing before I go see Dog Sees God at Fabrefaction, I have some friends that are working on the show so it will be nice to go see some theatre! :)
Earlier I registered for SETC, and I am starting to get really...EXCITED. It's like, this year I know what to expect and if I continue my track record of getting great results on the second time I do anything- things should go really well. I'm weirdly not feeling that nervous at all- it's like I just want to go rock it out! I'm just hoping most of the companies are still here by Saturday- sometimes they start leaving once they find what they're looking for- but hopefully I'm just perfect for some company out there. (Preferably a cruise line. That's what I really want to do right now haha! Free vacation! Getting paid to sing and dance! Sign me up.)
But I know there is some work for me out there- just gotta go get out and grab it!
After registration, I decided to traverse to Little Five Points- which I love! It's such a kitschy collection of randomness and vintage wonders. I also stopped into Sevananda Natural foods...which is amazing and I'm sure a place I'll be frequenting alot once I move here.

In other news, I've got alot planned this week which is exciting, I love to be in a different environment and just explore and be busy.

What am I doing you ask?
Friday March 4: Preparing my callback audition material. I'm going to be just polishing all my material and prepping for my audition on Saturday.

For those that aren't sure of how SETC works- first you do a minute and a half audition in front of the large room of professional companies. (This is material I've been working on since this past Fall, so I'm very comfortable with it and it's not really THAT nervewracking.)
Once that is done, you go and see what companies called you back. You then must schedule interviews/auditions with these companies and attend them at whatever time you sign up for. The odd thing about it is that this is all taking place in a hotel, so these callbacks are literally taking place in hotel bedrooms. It's super awkward actually. Like, you walk in there, meet a casting director and there are 2 king size beds and a video camera set up. It seems really sketch but the whole thing is very professional and sanctioned by SETC so it's really not- haha it's just the most functional way to have individual auditions with around 100 companies or however many there are. But anyways, in these callbacks most of the time you are asked to repeat your audition material that you did earlier, but they will be taping it for their records, or sometimes you are asked to do something else, like a pop song, or a Shakespeare monologue or what have you. This is what I'm going to prepare! I have a whole book of material, but I feel like I just need to be polishing and working them. I'm glad that I have a full day to kind of relax and really mentally prepare before the big day though!

Saturday, March 5: I have to be at the hotel at 8:30 for a briefing- and then the auditions start! The callbacks can last all day long, and then there is also a dance call at around 5ish if you are asked to attend that. Bring it on!

Sunday, March 6: Today starts the job search! I'm on the look-out for a survival job that I can start working as soon as I move to Atlanta in mid-May. If all goes well, I will have a performance job lined up- but I have to play the waiting game on that. It's always good to have a plan so I just want to make sure I can be financially stable once I move.


Monday, March 7: I have an appointment with ProMove, who helps you find the perfect apartment in Atlanta. It's a pretty great free service (they work through referrals and compensation from the apt. you eventually buy!) and they seem like really great, helpful people. After the meeting I'll be going out and looking at apartments, and then I have a photoshoot with Nai, an Atlanta photographer that I've been meaning to get together with for awhile but just haven't had the time.

Tuesday, March 8: Early in the morning I've got a shoot with Jeff Marsh, who is a photographer in Atlanta as well. This is going to be a Sophia Loren themed/vintage shoot which will be really fun I think! You know me and retro stylings. Love it. After that, you guessed it- more apartment and job-hunting goings on.

Wednesday, March 9: Another photoshoot with Bryant of Shooterfoto magazine- of which I am currently the March cover girl for! :) The magazine is geared towards aspiring models and those working in the modeling industry, and you can order it online. www.shooterfoto.info is the website that you can order it from, and here is the cover:

I have a feature and spread which is pretty neat! It's also pretty cool to see yourself on the cover of any sort of publication. After the shoot, you guessed it- more job searching! I'm actually planning on maybe going to some open-calls for some agencies in the area as well, just have to research when those are.

And that is it as for my planned out days- although I'm hoping to maybe grasp onto some extra work at some point as well and make some money while I'm here. If not, and I feel like my job hunting went successfully- I will probably visit Augusta for a few days since I'm halfway there anyways.

So that's my Spring Break in a nutshell for ya. It's mainly working and preparing for my future, but I'm excited for that. It's hard for me to *just* relax, anyways. I've got to put all my energy into something! Might as well be something productive! Can't wait til I graduate and I don't have to focus my energy onto things like studying for Midterms and projects and the like. Because I feel like I always tend to over-do everything, the perfectionist that I am, and it just carves away at my time but I just feel like I can't slight over anything and do it half-way. Even though I have Senioritis something awful!

One thing I am really excited about is As You Like It, though! I got to try on most of my costume already and have finally seen the renderings- our costume designer has placed it in Napoleonic France (Think: Pride and Prejudice but kicked up a notch- my character is a princess- the daughter of a Duke) and I have the loveliest gown with white lace and ruffles and pink brocade, white gloves and a TRAIN! I feel like such a pretty pretty princess! It is just going to make Celia even more of a diva than she is already, haha! :)

I'll keep everyone posted on the results of my SETC audition- everyone out there in cyber-land keep your fingers crossed for me and the rest of the CSU students auditioning this weekend! Here's hoping to employment for all.

No comments: