Wednesday, June 22, 2011

EXCITE.

So....

I just booked a commercial that will be aired on Cartoon Network for a year, for a very popular brand name product that I'm not really allowed to mention yet. I'm actually filming it tomorrow and I'm BEYOND EXCITED.

I'm playing the role of "Hot Girl." Apparently it's comedic and it's going to be a fun group so I really can't wait. It's going to be so cool to be on a big-scale production set and not actually be an extra but something legitimate for once!

And that's not all- I also got a job working as a freelance writer for a company that produces web content for clients. At first I won't be getting paid much, it's on a per article basis- but there is lots of opportunity to move up to bigger projects and who knows- if I keep booking acting stuff and make decent money with the writing thing, eventually I'll be able to quit my restaurant job which would be SO AMAZING. Now don't get me wrong, I really don't mind working there, and I actually like it- but it's just the flexibility that is the huge issue. I hate how hard it is to get shifts covered- I mean, that is why I wanted a serving job in the first place and not an office job, so that is a major obstacle in my way. I've already had to pass up several opportunities because of it which is frustrating, but again, it's all in the timing so I have to try to not get too upset about it all. It's just hard right now, but hopefully soon I will be able to quit.

But anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from  production to get more details about the shoot tomorrow. I'll keep you posted how it goes! :)

No comments: