Saturday, June 4, 2011

Excitement.

So things have been going pretty swimmingly, here lately! :) Yesterday in particular was a great day for my career,
  1. I secured interviews with 2 agencies, Modern Models and About Faces Models and Talent, they are both Atlanta based full-service agencies. I think they are non-exclusive which is nice because that way you can be represented by several at the same time, thereby increasing opportunities to be seen and submitted for work!
  2. I found out I get to film for lcdtvbuyingguide.com next week, which is great because that is a nice little income supplement for me! :) The review I did of the HP Slate 500 is now up on www.tabletbuyingguide.com, too- check it out here!
  3. I got a submission notice from my agent for a lead in a SAG Feature Film! I still have to wait to see if the casting director wants me to audition- but it's still exciting. The character is a "21st century Laverne/Shirley/Jersey girl so it will be...interesting bahaha

    I've been submitting to other various sundry acting gigs here and there as well. Really, right now it's all about sowing the seeds! However I AM getting frustrated with my actual job...it doesn't seem as flexible as I thought it would be in the beginning- for example every Saturday every server is scheduled, so I basically can't get out of any Saturday night which is not really going to work for me! =/ Although I do enjoy the laid-back nature of the job and the people are really cool...I just don't want to risk opportunities that will be important for my career for the sake of a restaurant. But right now I need to be there and build some money up so I will remain!

    Lately I've been working myself back into shape again, and I feel great. This past month, while I've been in a strange sort of limbo, I've found it really hard to work out regularly and stay healthy, however now I'm very motivated to keep on top of it. I realized that I had gained a little weight, and we all know the saying- "the camera adds 10 pounds!" It's really true! While I have no desire to be anorexically thin by any means, I do realize that it is important for me to stay in optimal shape. I definitely have fallen off the wagon so I'm jumpin' back on! Woo! Thankfully, living in Atlanta makes it alot easier to get a bigger variety of healthy food and things- today I went shopping at the Dekalb Farmers Market which is honestly a bit overwhelming, but I got some really great deals on things! They have so much produce there that there were things I'd never even seen or heard of. There is basically everything you could ever want. It was pretty packed so it was a mildly bit stressful, but I conquered it! I'm excited to start cooking alot again, now that I have more time to do so.




    So yeah, that's my life right now basically. I'm still trying to get used to this free time that I have in my life but I think that I'll get used to it soon enough ;)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

hey lady!

I've been following your blog for awhile now, and I'm really bad about leaving comments. But, I just wanted to say good luck! your super talented and I think you will go a long way. :)

xo,
sunshine

J9isyourstar said...

Thank you SO much for your encouragement! It really means a lot! It's a hard road sometimes and any nice word is never taken lightly, I assure you. :)