Monday, August 4, 2008

Flapper Fun!

So I awaken at 8:45 with a call from Express this morning: "We need you to come in at 11 if you can!" Always up to take on extra hours to fuel my shopping habits, I agreed to come in. It was not that bad, actually- all I really did was put out the 100 boxes of new jewelry and rearrange the jewelry columns, and later on hung up some clothes for the sales racks. For the first time, I actually enjoy all the people that I work with, too. Not that I never did before, but it feels like I really "click" with the people here, and it is a really enjoyable environment, not stressful at all like it has felt before in the past...especially at the Express at the Peachtree mall... bah!


Anyways, so I splurged the past couple days(Well not REALLY...seeing as we had our extra associate discount (45 %!) plus it was no tax...) and I bought that black lace tank top with the flower brooch that I have blogged about before. I also got a white V-neck chest pocket tee because I figured that I needed one for some reason, haha. But the best purchase of all has definitely been this dress:
So flapper-esque and adorable! (If you REALLY know me, then you know my weird attachment with flappers, anyway, haha)
But yeah... I am super excited about wearing it. There are always these semi-formal events going on that I will be able to wear it to! It's so fun to wear because of the fringe- it dances with me =]
Hmm... I notice that I definitely seem to be drawn to alot of black lately. Which is weird, because I'm usually this huge color advocate. Who knows.

On another note, I really need new headshots. There is something so DARK about this one... like my hair looks BLACK, my eyebrows are really thick and dark, I'm wearing a dark shirt, haha. Everything about it just needs to be updated! I only have this B&W anyways, I probably need to get a color headshot... especially now that my hair is alot lighter and I have bangs and what not. And I do not look as pale as this picture implies...


TODAY'S FASHION WISH LIST !!

This blazer from Express... it is much cuter in person. Idk there is just something about it that I love! Since it has such a girly/preppy vibe, it would be fun to pair it with some distressed skinny jeans and then some snappy black heels like this which I also really want:

No comments: