Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clean house, clean mind.

So the past couple days I have been cleaning my apartment intensely...like I'm talking bleaching the baseboards- cleaning out carpet stains- everything. Everything is pretty much done and I feel so super accomplished! Our apartment needed a thorough cleaning for awhile- we have all just been so busy...and recently we got some unfriendly fruit fly visitors so I thought it would be best to just do an overhaul. It is weirdly therapeutic actually, to intensely clean everything...and I'm not stopping still- I'm going to clean out my car tomorrow! Something I've been meaning to do for awhile. It's actually not too messy, I just need to like dust and spray everything down and vaccuum. But at either rate- it feels really nice and I feel like my head is clear.

I feel less stressed about life now that my last directing analysis is finished- however I feel like this is the calm before the storm....once Crucible starts I am going to be so busy with that, as I'm on costume crew and I'm rehearsing my directing scene during 1st and 2nd dress. But after that it's smooth sailing from here on out. I've got all my classes for next semester picked out and I'm ready and rarin' to go to settle into my very last semester!

I just feel like life is good and I'm grateful for everything that's come my way. I'm weirdly not as stressed out as I imagined I would be for this last directing scene, either. I usually fret so much about it but to be honest I'm just trusting that it will be good and I do believe that it will be, and I hate to say it but I'll be so glad once its over and I'm done with directing class! Not that I haven't learned alot and have enjoyed the process- it's just SO much work and it will be nice to focus my energy on other things besides 50 page analyses.

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier but I'm super excited to be cast in Robin's Sr. Project ballet in February! I have been missing dance, and I know that it will help me alot and it will be awesome to be able to be in a fully technical realized dance production that incorporates Shakespeare as well! I know Robin is going to do a great job :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

your comment about my show makes me smile =) I'm super excited too!