Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moments

It's so important to treasure individual moments in life as they happen and to not take it for granted. This weekend has really taught me that. It's been full of many truly wonderful moments that are special in different ways but that all are worth looking back on. Feeding ducks on my pond, enjoying nature and thinking about the future, the bliss of spending a night in alone, as well as the excitement of going out and just enjoying life with friends, the simple pleasure of doing a crossword puzzle, listening to music and just being taken to another place emotionally- I've just encountered many noteworth moments this weekend.  Even though my philosophy is usually that life is a succession of awkward moments strung together- for the most part the past couple days have been pretty free of awkwardness and filled with moments of sheer joy that make me delight in the world and life in general. I'm just relishing in life right now and the uncertainty and spontaneity of it. Who knows what things will happen next week? Next month? Next year? Where will I be? What will I be doing? I have no idea! We never know. I may encounter hardships, heartache, failure, mistakes- but amid all of these things I know there will be special moments that will make life worthwhile. So I'll treasure these moments because this life is the only one I have- I don't think anyone should dwell on negativity but you should use your time on earth to just embrace the lovely world we live in by doing what makes you happy and finding ways that you may be able to spread joy to others. :)

No comments: