Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mega-List Part 2!

I did a list like this awhile back and I think it's time for a second version!

What have I been listening to lately?
Okay, so recently I went on an album downloading rampage and I have been steadily listening to these albums:
1.) Maroon 5- Hands All Over
It's their newest CD...and oh so good. If you have ever been a fan of Maroon 5 I highly recommend it! My favorite song? Hands All Over. It just makes me want to dance. ;)
2.)Sufjan Stevens- The Age of Adz.
Simply wonderful. Everything Sufjan ever does is gold in my opinion, and this album is just rich with lush instrumentation, quirky beats and haunting vocals that just make for delicious music.
My favorite song? I Want to Be Well. Just so intricately awesome.
3.)  Michael Franti & Spearhead- The Sound of Sunshine
This album is just full of happy fun music. Great for listening in the car on a sunny day! :) My favorite song? The Sound of Sunshine. Just fun. Makes me wish summer a bit though...
4.) The Andrews Sisters - The Best Of
Nothing quite like this lovely vintage music that makes me feel just warm and fuzzy. My favorite song? Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Love it.
5.) Matt and Kim- Grand
Simply delightful folk/alternative music...My favorite song? Daylight. Which I'm sure I'll be hearing alot of soon as it's in Robin's Sr. Project haha!


What beauty products have I been loving lately?
  • Purminerals make-up. It is wonderfully light, yet offers alot of coverage and takes the place of foundation, powder, concealer, as well as sunscreen. It's really a great product! :)

  •  NYX lipgloss in Salsa. This lipgloss is a wonderful bright hot pink and I love wearing it because it's just so fun! NYX is a really great lipgloss line- you can get it at ULTA. I would highly recommend it to anyone!












    • got2b Smooth Operator Lustre Lotion. This stuff is really great. I don't leave the house without it on my hair. It is basically a lightweight cream that tames frizzies and flyaways and makes your hair silky smooth. I especially like it for when I wear my hair straight as I like to put alot on the ends of my hair and at the top. It's pretty awesome!
What have I been eating lately?
Well I discovered my absolute favorite soup in the world is back at Atlanta Bread Company! Butternut squash! :D It's so amazingly delicious- especially if you get it in a bread bowl. Now, I realize, however, this may or may not be the epitome of health and I'm sure it is high in calories- but it is just one of those guilty pleasures that I just have to have. Especially because it's seasonal- I'm pretty sure they take it away around Januaryish, and I have been craving this soup for EVER. So if you have never had it, it's worth a try. It's absolutely scrumptious!

Also- if you have never had Chill frozen yogurt, you have no idea what you are missing. Chill is another guilty pleasure of mine- however it's really not THAT guilty, since it's frozen yogurt and not ice-cream and you can definitely make it healthy with non-fat vanilla fro-yo and fruit toppings. Although I myself am partial to the pumpkin pie flavor with graham cracker crumbs, pecans, cheesecake bites and whipped cream. So fall-esque. So delicious. I can't get enough!

What have I been wearing lately?



In the winter-time, I'm all about wearing colorful skirts with neutral tights and/or over-the-knee socks. I also love cozy sweaters and cardigans in neutral colors to pair with it. Also- since winter wear is a bit boring to me at times, I especially love any kind of embellishments such as flowered brooches and things, and statement necklaces! Aren't these heels to die for?! I wish I actually owned those. *sigh*


What have I been doing lately?
This weekend has been a lovely respite from the grind of school, rehearsals, etc. Yesterday was the loveliest of days- starting with getting to sleep in- then going to feed ducks by my pond, then going for a brisk run in the sunny weather, then getting Atlanta Bread Company's butternut squash soup while reading Christopher Durang plays (I found a hysterical scene that I think I want to do for ACTF!) and after that I was crafty, where I made these shoes(Okay, well I didn't "make" them, per se, but I just decorated my white keds from Goodwill that I used for my Kelly Kapowksi costume from Halloween and revamped them a bit using a Sharpie and replacing the laces with black satin ribbon. I just basically doodled all over them and wrote things on the bottom- one shoe has the world "love" in about 8 different languages- and the other shoe just has words like "peace," "joy," "happiness," "fun," "gratitude" etc. on it. These shoes just make me happy! I'm thinking I might get another pair and cover them completely with sequins or something. That will make for a fun project to do over Christmas break! :)
I also made this brooch here- I just had some leftover polka dot fabric, bunched it together to make a flower and sewed a metallic button in the middle. I like it. :)

Today, I again, have NO plans. I suppose I could be productive somehow but at this point I'm not even sure what I should do. I will have plenty of time to read plays for ACTF scenes during The Crucible so I'm not too worried about that. I suppose I can get a head start on my Saber Articles, even though we don't have an issue for awhile. But anyways, I'm just going to take the day as it comes and just enjoy this little break before this upcoming week of Crucible dress rehearsals and performances. It's going to be rough in addition to my directing scene and then with the 2 morning performances...but it will be a good show and I'm excited to have a part in it somehow. I love any opportunity to help out with make-up related things, and I will be assisting everyone with their old-age and making John Proctor look gross at the end essentially haha. But by Wednesday I will actually be done with my last directing scene ever which is a crazy notion but exciting too. It's a lot of stress that will be gone. I'm surprisingly, however, not really stressed at all about my scene anyways. It's coming together pretty well, and I really like it. I'm thinking of adding some cello underscoring and maybe going to play with some lighting to evoke an old Russian feel to this Chekhov piece. I never really use technical elements in my scenes, but I think that it will add a little something special to it. I'm excited!
Well anyways. I hope everyone else has gotten to enjoy their weekend like I have gotten to. And the day has just begun so there is more joy to be had I'm sure! :)

No comments: