Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hurrah for Acclimation!

So, I am officially a resident of Atlanta, in my own apartment, and not in training anymore, but an official employee at a pretty great restaurant.

I'm so happy! Moving was quite the arduous process overall, but I got through it with the help of my friend Drew, who is a SAINT for coming with me, since it took pretty much all day and was not the funnest task in the world for sure.

Besides work, I've just been enjoying life in Atlanta with new and old friends alike, meeting new people, making connections, and just enjoying NOT being in school. :P

The other day I attended an event called the Get Connected Entertainment Industry Mixer which was held in downtown Atlanta and is basically a compendium of filmmakers, production companies, modeling/acting agencies, etc. They had booths set up as well as mini-studios and people were constantly asking to take your picture and things. Of course, I obliged:


(BTW I got this dress at Plato's closet for EIGHT DOLLARS.)
Anyways, it was alot of fun, and we also got to see a screening of an indie film short which was...interesting...that's all I'm going to say about that :P But it was cool to see what other people are doing. I've been doing alot of work with Acosta Productions lately and we are going to try to get our own booth set up at a mixer in the future. (They happen once a month!) Even though I'm an actress, I'm a somewhat unofficial "member" of the team, I suppose :P


Anyways, right now I'm just looking up casting calls/auditions and doing as much as I can, trying to market myself and just do my thang. Now that I'm done with the graduation transition- I can finally start putting all my energy into my career which is such an amazingly liberating feeling I can't even describe to you!

I'm excited to see what life throws at me :)

No comments: