Sunday, July 27, 2008

Let's put on a show! A Dior-Show, that is.

Let's just say that today was an uber-successful shopping day. It started off at the mall, where my mother wanted to pick up her free underwear from Victoria's Secret and her free lipstick from Clinique. Of course it did not end there. After wandering through several stores and trying to convince my mom that she was in fact, NOT too old to wear clothes from Express, we wandered into Sephora, of course. I happened to pass by the Dior section and mentioned that I heard that Diorshow mascara was one of the best ones but that I had never been able to try it because there was no place to buy Dior ANYTHING in Augusta until now. So my mom, who is always eager to try out new mascara's claiming anything great tried it on with a tryout mascara wand. (Now mind you, it may seem pointless to do so as the great force behind any good mascara is its brush, and not in fact the liquid, but even so, it worked enough for her.) So needless to say, even without the brush it worked wonderfully on her, enough that a customer near us saw her lashes and immediately went and bought it. Then I tried it on, with the same great results. My mom was so happy upon finding a mascara that works so well that she said "Oh what the heck, lets both get one!" This, coming from my mom who digs receipts out of the trash can to return a $7 item. At $24 a pop, Diorshow mascara is definitely not cheap, but for these results, I think it is worth it! When I wear it I look like I am literally wearing false eyelashes. It is beyond crazy. Look:

Pow! I told you! haha. But anyways, awesome mascara aside, I also scored some AMAZING deals at Plato's Closet. I got an entire outfit including 2 tops, shorts, and some heels for less than $30. And 2 items were from Express! So that always feels good haha. But seriously, aren't these shoes amazing?



Would you believe that they were $5?! Haha do I have a sixth sense for finding awesome bargains or what! These 2 tops are pretty cute too, eh? Excuse my hideous bathroom background but... you know..haha.


I also got some pretty non-descript brown knee-length shorts that I didn't feel like photographing. but they were only $5!

All in all it was a very fruitful day of shopping. Actually, the other day I bought some items as well (I have been shopping crazy, can't you tell?!) Like this blue top from Express, black suspenders from that Sylviana store, and some over-the-knee/thigh high(?) argyle socks from Express as well. (Associate discounts rock.)

They look pretty weird in this pic I suppose... but on they look pretty darn cute. They go about as high up as these do:

So yeah, I have some pretty nice stuff for the fall! I am excited =]

1 comment:

Bombchell said...

the shoes are pretty hot.

the socks are interesting.

for some reason the SJP picture reminds me of Georgina from gossip girl