Monday, July 7, 2008

A new blog. A new vision. A new day.






Okay. So with this blog I am going to be focusing on things that I, Janine, am interested in. The main things would be: Theatre, fashion, and music. Just for any future blog-readers in the world: here is some information about me.





So I am 19 years old and a sophomore in college. Where, you say? Well I attend the small but mighty Columbus State University in Columbus, GA. Not Ohio, contrary to popular belief...


It is a relatively small school but the theatre, music and art programs are pretty darn good. Im working towards a BFA in theatre performance and I actually enjoy going to school. In fact, I'm kind of sick of summer actually and I am ready for it to start! This summer I have been working at a camp called Midsummer Macon in Macon, GA teaching theatre to kids ages 6-12. It has been kind of exhausting at times, but a fun and a good learning experience for me. I also love to live in different cities and explore! I have found a really cool vintage bookstore and coffee shop here and every Tuesday there is live music at the aforementioned book store... it has become a tradition to go there and actually last time me and a couple friends jammed out ourselves.


Speaking of jamming out, I love music and I love to sing. In addition, I have been playing the piano since I was about 7, although I don't play as much anymore which is a shame, I know. I don't have a piano or a keyboard that I can bring to my dorm, though.


I just got done touring Schoolhouse Rock Live, Too! Last semester. We totaled about 60 performances in elementary schools as well as our mainstage season performances throughout the whole semester. Every single Tuesday and Thursday we were on tour! It was pretty hectic and stressful as well as tiring (We had to carry our huge set in and out of 2 schools each day) but a great experience nonetheless.

Next semester we will be doing BatBoy the musical! I really want to be Shelley, but there are many girls that would be suitable for the role so I will just have to update you on that. I am on the prowl for audition material, so far I am stuck between 2 songs (Even Though from I Love You Because, and Stranger to the Rain from Children of Eden.) I think I may have a monologue... it is from a play called Keeping Tom Nice. Auditions are the first day of class which is sometime in later August. We will see what happens!

1 comment:

romeo said...

Keep up the good work...