Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Diviners- Behind the Curtain

My Senior year in high school I was in a play called The Diviners. We performed this for our One-Act competition and took home Region and won 2nd place at State. Two aspiring filmmakers in our senior class decided to make a documentary of our journey and it is really quite good. I just stumbled upon it and thought I would share :)


Diviners: Behind the curtain, Part 1


Diviners: Behind The Curtain, Part 2


Oh, and yes, I am aware that I sound like I'm on drugs or something in my interview. I really do not know why that is haha. Also, yes, my director was quite crazy. If you watched the whole thing- the part where he is holding up the script like he wants to slam it down on someone, he was dead serious and at one point during rehearsals he slammed it down beside someone he was angry with and cursed them out. Haha... I love Mr. Lewis so much. I miss him! So many good memories with that man...

I remember when we did the show Crazy For You that he had hurt himself and was constantly on some SERIOUS pain meds. Now, my friend Elias has this bear hoodie towel that is made for kids and he brought it to school one day. Mr. Lewis (under the influence of his intense medication) stole it and wore it around school saying things like "Im the king of the theatre!" and at one point he was talking to himself in our big mirrors backstage. He honestly told us he didn't remember doing any of this later.

Did I mention that I love this man?

No comments: