Saturday, October 16, 2010

And...I'm back!

So, I just returned from GTC in Savannah. For those that don't know, GTC stands for GA Theatre Conference- where college theatre students audition in hope of getting passed to SETC, where you audition in front of professional companies all over the nation in hopes of getting summer work at regional and summer stock theatres, amusement parks, and cruise lines and the like. There were approximately 300 students auditioning this year- and around 80 something got passed. There was some pretty stiff competition- but thankfully I did get passed on! :)

I also had a really great time in Savannah, going on ghost tours, exploring downtown, etc. Me and Melissa devoured a huge apple covered in caramel, chocolate, as well as crushed M&Ms...then foolishly went to go eat afterwards and realized we both were super full. We ended up giving up our leftovers to people on the ghost tour, which by the way was SCARY. Unlike most ghost tours where you walk around the town and people tell stories- in this one we actually went inside the Sorrel-Weed house, where there were apparently murders and suicides that took place there and was featured on popular ghost-hunting television shows. We used EMF detectors to detect electro-magnetic frequencies..and it was really dark in the house..it was super creepy and worth it!

Today we had lunch at a truly great pizza place, and did some shopping downtown before finding out the results of our GTC scores. After what seemed like a really long drive back home, I'm glad to be back in a way- although I'm a little stressed about what the next two weeks hold for me. I start rehearsals for my directing scene this week and it's Shakespeare so I'm just a little nervous about it. But I'm sure it will be FINE...I just over-react. Sometimes I feel as if I put too much stock into directing when it's not even something I want to do outside of college- but I'm just the type of person that just can't to put forth something mediocre as my work, so I just tend to overwork myself. But it's alright, I suppose that's not a horrible character trait, haha!

But yeah, adding to my stress it the fact that my laptop decided to not turn on once I took it out of my suitcase today. I'm wondering if the fact that the outlets were really faulty at the hotel are to blame, or if my power cord is broken, or (hopefully this is not it-) that my laptop has just decided to die on me. I just have so much information and software on it that it would be extremely annoying for it to just go kaput... but I will take it into Best Buy tomorrow and see if they can test out my adapter and see what's wrong with it. Thank GOD I e-mailed myself my analysis when I went to Augusta, and worked on my scenic progression on Google Documents so that I can still access my analysis since it is due Wednesday and I absolutely HAVE to work on it all day tomorrow especially. My present self is currently very pleased with my past self's thoughts for the future.

I've also LITERALLY gained 5 lbs. since fall break started. I'm completely baffled at how quickly my weight fluctuates! So in order to get back in shape so that I can look good in my Jasmine costume from last year for Halloween, I'm going on an extreme sort of diet, well not really that extreme, but more like I'm cutting out ALL sweets, refined carbs, and the like and going back to my kale/sweet potato/beans/veggies/fruits way of eating that was proving to be so successful for me before fall break began. I'm telling you, in Savannah I just let myself loose, and however nice that was- it's time to SNAP back into reality and get back into shape! So I'm putting it out there right now for you guys- keep me accountable! And don't lure me to my favorite frozen yogurt place in the world Chill...or force me to go to half price margarita night at the Cantina...because however much my heart yearns for these things, my body has paid the price for my reckless caloric abandon these past few days and I must get back to where I was!

But anyways, life resumes.

No comments: