Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!

So, first of all let me express to you how lame last year's Halloween was. First of all, there were no real parties that we knew about leading up to it, so nothing to plan for....we were underage so we couldn't go out...we had cute costumes but nowhere to go, so we essentially just had a few people over and hung out at the apt. Which was not completely terrible, don't get me wrong- it just wasn't that great. haha.
But THIS YEAR...completely different story! At first you would think having Halloween on a Sunday would be detrimental to the festivities- but in all actuality it made it seem to last super duper long. My Halloween festivities actually started out on Thursday at the RHAC party where I went as Kelly Kapowski. I love the RHAC party because it is always on the Thursday of General auditions, and it is a way to celebrate them being over! (Speaking of auditions- I got called back for Eurydice and As You Like It! Yay!)

But anyways. Then on Friday, which was another stressful day in my life, (Callbacks! Sr. Sem final/audition!) me and Robin went to Mix Ultra Lounge...it was a vampire themed party so we naturally went as vampires. We tried to get teeth but they ended up looking completely hideous so we ditched the teeth. (They were cheap ones from CVS, go figure.) Here are our vampire looks:

SCARY! :P Not really. But yeah, so Mix was pretty fun, although we were reinforced by the idea we already had of Columbus guys, and that is that they are just awkward. We still had a good time however! :)

And then yesterday was an entire day filled with lovely celebration! We started the day off going to Chill in costume to get 15% off, (I was a gypsy!) where I proceeded to get pumpkin pie flavor with pecans, graham crackers and whipped cream... delightful! We then went to the Fresh Market to get pumpkins and stopped in Petsmart and Target to get candy for the trick or treaters :)
 We came home and carved our pumpkins which was a fun event. Here's mine- it's a Hello Kitty pumpkin, of course! 

We then roasted the pumpkin seeds which were delicious, watched I Know What You Did Last Summer and passed out candy to trick-or-treaters, which was oddly nerve-wracking. I have no idea why but everytime kids knocked on the door it was just stressful...lol. But there weren't too many trick-or-treaters anyways.

Later on we got ready and went to a cartoon character themed party where I went as Jasmine...pictures to come soon!

And, since today is actually Halloween don't be thinking the festivities are over YET! They are showing Psycho at the Springer Opera House and we will be attending...in costume of course! I think I may do something gruesome like a zombie beauty pageant girl or something like that...with cuts/bruises/blood! But we'll see :P

No comments: