Monday, October 4, 2010

Swirls in my brain!

Ahhhh. It's definitely that time again. Crunch time. The time where my brain is swirling around constantly like a milkshake... last night I couldn't even get to sleep because I just kept thinking about everything I needed to do and get done... it really just is the October syndrome.

October is always rough. It's the month of GTC, general auditions, and when all your classes just get really intense. And when times get this way, I just have to sit and hash everything out. Okay.

Well first of all, Directing class is a major, major stress factor. And right now I'm in the thick of it- the Shakespeare scene. Thank God I have fall break to finish it up before I go to GTC. (It's not even due until I get back, but I want to have the majority of it finished so I am not stressing about it at my audition!)

But it's just something that's always in the back of my mind..like.. I feel like I should be working on my analysis right now instead of blogging. But blogging will clear my mind. I need to do it before bed so I can get some sleep tonight. Jeesh.

Along with directing, I have to do my manifesto for Sr. Sem.... which is basically a large paper in which you have to decide everything you think about what theatre is to you..it's like your personal philosophy so to speak. So that's stressful and always in the back of my mind as well...and then this month we also have to do a separate audition which is the day after General auditions for next semester. You know, for my LAST semester here. My last chance to work on my acting here at CSU. No stress or anything.

Thank God my big projects in my business class and world lit class are going to be over with tomorrow. For world lit I had to do a translation project on Dante's Inferno in which we had to translate a section of it in Italian into English- and present it in a creative fashion. I decided to do a MTV True Life episode. You can view it here.

And in my business class I have to do a powerpoint presentation on the business of acting...which will be interesting. That's literally the only assignment I have in this entire class...the rest of the time we watch other people's presentations. It's the biggest waste of my time. But so it goes.

And now I feel like I'm being barraged with requests for photoshoots- which is really cool and lots of fun, but a photoshoot takes time, especially when the photographer is in Atlanta. I'm super excited though about one I'm doing this weekend with Thomas Dodd- please check out his website here. His stuff is phenomenal!

I actually had a photoshoot today with a local photographer named Sam Burnette. It was really lots of fun! It was a studio session, and I think I got some really neat shots, especially some nice full-body and non-actor headshots to have in my portfolio.

But anyways. I'm just trying to balance everything I NEED to do for school (work on analysis! study!) with the things I WANT to do for my career and life (photoshoots! work on my new website! submit to agencies!)

It's just getting harder to remain motivated to do schoolwork...which for me doesn't mean I'm not going to do it, but it means I will do it begrudgingly...but I will still make sure I produce good work because I can't afford to really slack off now after I've made it this far you know?

Ugh. I just want to be done with this! If it's this bad this early on in the year I can't imagine what the month of April will be like, haha! Oh, senioritis.

No comments: